Anytime you see a luxury getaway video they almost always have a woman lying down smiling with a facial mask and cucumbers on her eyes. Why do facial noursing masks emote such a feeling of peace and pampering? ON a more technical note, what kinds of masks and types are out there and what do they exactly do? Masks come in such a wide variety, some dry or solidify on the face, almost like paper mache while others remain wet after application. The perceived effects of a facial mask treatment include revitalizing, healing, or refreshing; and, may yield temporary or long-term benefits depending on ingredients and how long they are worn for.
- Coffee Face Mask – Coffee is well known as a rich source of antioxidants that help defend our skin against free radicals that damage and age us. This potent ingredient in coffee stimulates the skin and improves blood flow to the face, which is perfect for healthy cell regeneration that makes us look radiant and bright. Additionally when coffee is applied to the skin it accelerates the production of collagen and elastin. Fine lines are minimized and assist the skin from losing moisture, making it the ideal choice for anti-aging.
- Collagen Face Mask – Paper collagen face masks are infused with a variety of nourishing ingredients, not the least of which is collagen. Surprisingly, collagen makes up about 30% of the total protein content in the human body. It also give youthful skin its firm, supple appearance. When we hit 40 our collagen production has reduced by 15% compared to our younger years. These masks slow down the breakdown of collagen and protects the collagen in your skin by limiting the damage of free radicals.
- Mud Mask – These masks, especially infused with additional minerals or nutrients, can have a big impact on you. They work by hitting 3 areas.
- Mud is naturally going to dry out, just check your foyer in the winter when your kids come in. Once you scrub it off impossible to not see that the exfoliation is real. Real effective that is.
- Most don’t realize that mud gets deep into your pores and provides just enough for the skin not to become oily.
- Reduce Blemishes. Not just because you are cleaning your face but the mud actually helps reduce the shades of redness.
So mud masks are not just for luxury spas and resorts anymore. They are easy to buy online and use at home to rejuvenate and revitalize our busy lives. Buy a few different ones and discover what works best for you today!!
Follow Adore Cosmetics on Twitter to see how you can bring out your skin’s potential to self renew. With Adore Organic Innovation, organically harvested plant stem cells re-invigorate your skin.